Friday, March 13, 2009

This is my desk.

(Click on images for full-size versions, if you must.)
Stare really hard at the above picture. Then get a knot in your stomach about all the bills you have to pay. Voila! Now you know what it's like to be me! (Don't thank me all at once.)

(Above) On the platform, L to R: Extremely tiny Godzilla; four "Soul of Bullmark" gashapon toys from Japan depicting Ultraman monsters; Star Trek communicator (with phaser behind it); Radio City Music Hall; "Wizard of Oz" ornament that talks, moves, and other obnoxious things. On the desktop, L to R: Red and blue Seagate drives (one has all the video I've shot in the past 10 years on it, the other has my complete music collection); another Ultraman monster; mini R/C K-9; a piece of asphalt from King Philip Road on Cape Cod; a white rock from Chagrin Falls, OH; sonic screwdriver; Italian blue glass doodad from the 1950's.

(Above) The left side of the desk is getting crowded, what with all the Doctor Who stuff, Galactus, a couple of Enterprises, Mechagodzilla, and giant flying turtle Gamera (the friend of children everywhere), etc.

(Above) Yeah, I'm re-reading Salinger. (I'll find a use for the orange hard drive someday.)

Davros sez: "You -- will -- work -- HARDER!!!"

1 comment:

  1. I remember that desk!

    Did I ever tell you that I visited the Dr. Who toy factory and museum in Llangolen Wales? Very cool.

    http://www.drwhoexhibitions.co.uk/llangollen.htm

    ReplyDelete