Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mirror, mirror.

In the field of intelligence analysis, the CIA has a concept called mirror imaging: the belief that your opponent will think and behave and hold the same values as you do. It is not far-removed from the psychological notion of projection.

What follows is the most graphic showcase of mirror-imaging one could ask for:


Yeah, Beck -- maybe it is just you.

For the record, the quote they're all freaking out over is: "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

What these douchebags fail to mention is that later in the same speech Sotomayor says: "I am reminded each day that I render decisions that affect people concretely and that I owe them constant and complete vigilance in checking my assumptions, presumptions and perspectives and ensuring that to the extent that my limited abilities and capabilities permit me, that I reevaluate them and change as circumstances and cases before me requires. I can and do aspire to be greater than the sum total of my experiences but I accept my limitations." Oops, you can stop freaking out now, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment